Sunday, January 1, 2012

two down six to go!

     Had my second round of chemo yesterday. I'll admit I was still quite nervous. (Wonder if the pre-chemo nervousness ever goes away?) Feeling ok today. I was a little frightened because I was told my MD wanted to see me about something and you know how our silly brains can take something like that and run with it... as is turns out - nothing going on, no new (bad?) news.     Praise God!

     My sister came down from VA to "celebrate" the occasion with us, and of course my Kevin was with me strong. Haven't lost all my hair yet- in the meantime thanks to Nancy and my sister I have two adorable wigs and plenty of comfy cute hats. You know this not having hair thing isn't so bad. It takes me half the time to get ready in the mornings! no expensive hair cuts/colorings/no "bad hair" days...




     Let's just look for the blessings as there are many! My wonderful friends and co-workers are still bringing by meals to help my little family - and what a help it is! My employers continue to be amazingly supportive and understanding and flexible-- I don't know what I'd do without them? I continue to witness new and exciting ways that the Lord is showing me how my fight with cancer will change EVERYTHING for the better- and I am so GRATEFUL!

 
"Many are asking, 'Who can show us
          any good?
    Let the light of your face shine upon
          us oh Lord.
You have filled my heart with greater
          joy
    than when their grain and new wine
           abound.
I will lie down and sleep in peace,
    for you alone, O Lord,
    make me dwell in safety"
               Psalm 4:6-8
    


You have filled my heart with greater love than I have ever known!
Love,
Laura
   

No comments:

Post a Comment